Sunday, March 21, 2021

Revisiting Songs About Nuclear Annihilation


    I made this mix with multi-generational songs about Nuclear War about ten years ago and put them on this blog so people could download them. Technology is always marching forward so now out of convenience we stream shit. For that reason I’ve uploaded these mixes to Mixcloud to allow you to listen to them without having to go through the bullshit of downloading them and finding space to fit them on your phone or whatever.


    Hard to believe it’s been 10 plus years since I made these mixes but it’s even more incredible that we’ve all lived under a cloud of imminent nuclear threat for damn near three quarters of a century without serious incident. It still feels like borrowed time. I don’t want to ruin your day unless I make you laugh somewhere along the way. Perhaps this mix tape will elicit a few nervous chuckles?

If the above link isn't working click here.


     Somehow these mixes became the most downloaded thing I ever put up on this blog. I'm proud of the work that went into creating them, even if there are a few technical issues. I hope they continue to find an audience. Making them available to stream will hopefully give them a new life.


    Humanity has done a good job coping with nuclear anxiety in the form of music and art which has helped to navigate a way of life and create hope under the ever present shadow of “The Bomb.” While the concept of creating a mix like this is indeed dark I hope you see this collection as a continuation of that tradition and a celebration of the human spirit under fire.

If the above link isn't working click here: here.


    If you feel so inclined you can still download these mixes at the original post. In that post I explain why I made these mixes and how they came about. It's a rambling, semi-coherant text that accompanys that post but I still stand by those words when I look back at it. This nuclear situation has been a contained form of insanity since it started at the end of World War II. I'm sure you'd agree it's only gotten worse and more terrifying to consider in the last decade. Click here to see the original post.

If the above link isn't working click here.


    This is three different mixes which add up to nearly three hours of apocalyptic song. Be sure to fit them all in to your schedule.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment