ARCHIVE

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Summer Vacation 11• Road to Beaver, Utah

September 12, 2020


     Completing the circle I started days prior I found myself once again near Panguitch making this a travel day which took me to the shithole Beaver, Utah. I got to see Mossy Rock near Bryce which is most impressive. I also passed through Brianhead which is a decent peak. I’ve seen better and I’ve seen lesser. It was rather cool on this August day which made me feel great.


     As I was saying. Fuck Beaver, Utah. I got a room which was exorbitaly expensive, being that it was in Beaver. I stayed at the Best Western Butch Cassidy Edition. Apparently Butch grew up around these parts. Somehow in the middle of town there was the most awful ruins of someones life with decayed buildings spilling out mountains of trash. I love that kinda shit so I took pics. It was glorious in all it’s filth and destitution. The dumpy ruins were front and center downtown Beaver which led me to believe the citizens don’t have much in the way of civic pride but what does a wanderer like me know about it?

     I tried to take a ride out of town for scenery but it was not to be. The ruins proved to be the only thing worthy of attention here. The discovery of abandoned places was always a mysterious and often sleazy adventure I was able to partake in growing up in Vegas. I still get giddy at the sight of dashed hopes and cast off domiciles that once provided comfort.


     I had a decent meal at what looked to be the diner at the edge of the apocalypse. Again near the middle of town just off the freeway. It was surrounded by all manner of trucks hauling everything you could imagine through the rugged desert heat. The windows looked onto the desperation of truckers and travelers who were all out of options and were generally too tired to go anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment